Delivered to U.S. Navy as Bu. 81415, 19??.
Registered as N96042 by ??, 1977.
Charles T. Unkle, Homestead, FL, 1984.
Joseph & James Tobul, Pittsburgh, PA, Feb. 13 1985-2006.
- Restored to airworthy, Wexford, PA, 1985-1991 - Registered as N713JT.
- First flight December 8, 1991.
- Damaged in wheels up landing after aborted take-off, Allendale, SC, April 1993.
- Repaired, first flight December 1997.
- Flew as USN/97143/JT/416.
- Flew as Korean War Hero, 2002.
- Crashed and destroyed in fatal accident during airshow, Columbia, SC, November 10, 2002.
-- Joe Tobul was fatally injured in the crash.
- See NTSB report below.
James Tobul, Pittsburgh, PA, April 2006-2014.
- Rebuilt to Airworthy.
- Flown as Korean War Hero.
Photo by Jeff Vessel